Mathcounts Competition (For Middle School students 6-8 grades)
Has 3 levels, students have to qualify for their school team at their school, next is Chapter (regional) and then the State competition. Each school can select two teams consisting of four
students in each team. Only the first teams score counts and the second team can get experience. It has 3 different rounds and each round tests each student's abilities in multiple ways,
- First is the Sprint Round: Calculator active and students work alone. 30 problems and 40 minutes to complete.
- Second is the Target Round: Calculator inactive and students work alone. 4 sets of problems with 2 questions in each set. Time limit is six minutes for each set.
- Third is the Team Round: Calculator active and students work in teams. 10 questions 20 minutes to complete.
Other links: past competitions
AMC 8 (For middle school students ( 5th - 8th))
- 25 multiple choice questions and 40 minutes. Calculator inactive
AMC 10/12 (For high school)
- The AMC 10 and AMC 12 are 25-question, 75-minute, and multiple choice questions and is calculator inactive.
Mathcon (For both middle and high school students)
- The First round of the competition is Online and will be accessible Online at their school
- The Second round is Finals and will be held 'on-site' in Chicago, Illinois.
NC State Math Competition
The North Carolina State Math contest is a network of NC mathematics contests offered in four divisions (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Comprehensive), culminating in state-level final
competition. Various NC universities & community colleges offer local qualifying contests, advancing top students to state-level competition.
- Level 1
- Level 2
- level 3
- comprehensive exam
Website: NC State Math
Math 24 Game Competition for elementary and middle school students
This has two components to it. one is for the math 24 game and the second is for enrichment. Website: www.24game.com
Art of Problem solving
- online courses
- videos (Free)
- Mathcounts Trainer (Free)
- Alcumus (Free)
Website: Art of Problem solving