In order to ensure the best possible experience for our students, families, educational groups and staff, we enforce the below policies.*
- We accept Stay-Ahead Tutoring registrations on a rolling basis. This means that as soon as you register in MyPortal, we will follow up to confirm your interest and begin your onboarding process.
- A student’s enrollment in Stay-Ahead Tutoring is only guaranteed when we receive the one-time registration and materials fee. Unless otherwise noted, we will request these fees after receipt of your MyPortal registration.
- Please remember that scheduling preferences are preferences only. We will do our best to arrange a schedule that works well for students and parents/guardians; however, due to class demand and class sizes, we may not always be able to match your preferences. If for some reason we cannot match your preference/s during registration, we will contact you to work out an alternate schedule.
- While we will follow up with prospects who have expressed interest in our program, we cannot reserve or guarantee spaces for prospects who have not officially registered in MyPortal.
Payments & Discounts
- We accept payments by ACH and check only. ACH payments can be made directly online by clicking on the link in your invoice email. We automatically disable the credit card option due to the credit card company’s 2.9% processing fee; however, if you wish to pay by credit card, we can enable this option with the understanding that the processing fee will be added to your amount due. Checks should be made payable to Ramana Coaching Center.
- Discounts and other financial incentives cannot be combined. We will apply the largest discount to your next invoice. If you participate in our Referral Program, then please remember that referral discounts will only apply to new families/groups. For example, if you refer a Stay-Ahead student to our SAT program, then the Referral Program discount will no longer apply. If you refer a student who has never fully enrolled in any of our programs, then the discount will apply.
- If you are a new registrant who was referred to our program by a friend, colleague or family member who is currently enrolled, then you may enter in their referral code when prompted during your registration process.
- Our Stay-Ahead Tutoring program schedules are separate and independent of academic calendar schedules. While we do observe major U.S. holidays, we do not observe spring breaks and similar academic holidays.
- We require at least 24 hours written notice of absences, late arrivals, class pauses and cancellations. This allows us to notify teachers and teaching assistants in advance, update our calendars, and accommodate other students. With written notice to email@example.com , we will not issue a class credit, but students will be allowed to request a make-up class. If students do not submit advanced notice, we will not issue invoice credits or extend the opportunity to make-up missed classes.
- Exceptions may be made in some situations, including, but not limited to: unexpected RCC technical issues, illnesses, family emergencies, or unforeseen changes in commitments outside of our classes. In these situations, we will offer class credit and/or make-up opportunities on a case-by-case basis.
- We will not invoice classes that are scheduled during RCC holiday observances, nor will we require students to make up these classes.
* We reserve the right to change our policies at any time for any reason. We encourage you to periodically visit this page for updates. Last update: June 23, 2018.