In order to ensure the best possible experience for our students, families, educational groups and staff, we enforce the below policies.*
- A student’s enrollment in a particular SAT batch is only guaranteed when we receive the initial deposit. Registering your student through MyPortal simply informs us of your interest in the program and allows us to keep you up-to-date on relevant information regarding upcoming batches.
- In cases where there is a high demand for a particular batch (for example, February and March when students applying to NCSSM typically begin our standard prep course), we will automatically move registrants with unpaid invoices to a subsequent batch after three (3) payment reminders.
- Registrants who prefer a specific batch that is full at the time of enrollment may request to be placed on a waiting list. As space becomes available, we will contact waiting list registrants in the order that we received their MyPortal registration.
- While we will follow up with prospects who have expressed interest in our program, we cannot reserve or guarantee spaces for prospects who: have not officially registered in MyPortal, or who have registered in MyPortal, but have not submitted their deposit after three (3) payment reminders.
Payments & Discounts
- We request a 50% ($1,250) initial deposit within 30 days of your SAT batch start date. We will call all registrants to confirm their interest in a particular batch before sending the invoice. Two weeks after the course begins, we will request the second payment of $625. Two weeks after that, we will issue the final invoice for $625, minus any discounts.
- We accept payments by ACH and check only. ACH payments can be made directly online by clicking on the link in your invoice email. We automatically disable the credit card option due to the credit card company’s 2.9% processing fee; however, if you wish to pay by credit card, we can enable this option with the understanding that the processing fee will be added to your amount due. Checks should be made payable to Ramana Coaching Center.
- For parents/guardians of remote students, we encourage you to submit your initial deposit no later than one week before class begins to ensure that your students receive all of their course materials before the first day of class. We will mail the materials to remote students upon receipt of the deposit.
- Discounts and other financial incentives cannot be combined. We will apply the largest discount to your final invoice. If you participate in our Referral Program, then please remember that referral discounts will only apply to new families/groups. For example, if you refer a Stay-Ahead student to our SAT program, then the Referral Program discount will no longer apply. If you refer a student who has never fully enrolled in any of our programs, then the discount will apply.
- If you are a new registrant who was referred to our program by a friend, colleague or family member who is currently enrolled, then you may enter in their referral code when prompted during your registration process.
- Our SAT program schedules are separate and independent of academic calendar schedules. While we do observe major U.S. holidays, we do not observe spring breaks and similar academic holidays. A full schedule, including any weekends off, will be shared with registrants before class begins.
- We align our standard prep course with the College Board’s SAT Test dates, so we cannot move classes in order to accommodate students who may miss class. Instead, we will email absent students the class recording, if available. For test practice days, we will email the test taken for that day.
- Students interested in our Accelerated or Express course must have completed their junior year to enroll. We will only conduct those classes if we receive at least ten (10) registrations for the course. These courses are most recommended for students who have already taken our standard six-month course and would like to receive a little more prep.
- Generally, we accept between 10 – 15 students for each SAT batch. This is to ensure that we maintain our small class sizes so that students get the most value out of their prep experience. If the numbers for a particular batch are either too low or too high, we may encourage those registrants to join a different batch.
* We reserve the right to change our policies at any time for any reason. We encourage you to periodically visit this page for updates.