At Ramana Coaching Center (RCC), we offer a unique SAT Prep program that is proven based on our accepted premises that “Hard work always pays off,” and “Practice makes perfect.” Whether delivered online or in-person, each program is taught by expert teachers and managed by committed staff. Every week, we monitor students’ progress and tweak the program to best suit their needs. We’re proud to share that many of our former students are currently studying at top-ranked universities, including: UNC Chapel Hill, NC State University, Georgia Tech, Columbia, and NYU.
In-person and Online
- In-person and online (via WebEx) classes allow remote and local students to engage in the learning experience together.
- Students can request a class recording of any missed classes and catch up at their convenience.
- Learning Phase (30%) Review of all math and English concepts
- Practice Phase (60%) Practice tests are reviewed immediately after every test
- Testing Phase (10%) Actual testing environment is simulated in all practice tests
- Class is held for four hours every Saturday and Sunday over six months.
Lots of practice
- Approximately 18 practice tests
- Weekly math quiz helps students memorize key concepts and formulas
- Exposure to a wide variety of questions helps students overcome test anxiety
- MyPortal access to 290 math quiz practice questions that test students’ skills and comprehension
- MyPortal access to 1000 math and 400 grammar practice questions and answers
Easy progress tracking
- Parents have freedom to monitor their student’s activity, practice tests scores and improvement through their own MyPortal account.
- Students can track their progress from test to test.
- SAT English classes are taught by experienced high school English teachers.
- SAT Math classes are taught by Ramana.
- Our skills-based approach to teaching concepts prepares students for both SAT and ACT testing.
- Competitive program fee: $12.50 per hour for approximately 200 hours of prep = $2,500.00
We’re proud to share that many of our students,* including some of those listed below, have significantly improved their SAT scores by at least 200 points as a result of our teaching methods:
- Ronald Wilson Reagan High School student: 1560 (+200 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Cox Mill High School student: 1540 (+270 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Central Cabarrus High School student: 1530 (+200 improvement from diagnostic test)
- South Iredell High School student: 1520 (+100 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Rochester High School student: 1510 (+230 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Cox Mill High School student: 1450 (+130 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Cox Mill High School student: 1450
- Mallard Creek High School student: 1450 (+150 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Ardrey Kell High School student: 1420 (+230 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Lake Norman Charter High School student: 1420
- Pine Lake Preparatory High School student: 1410 (+240 improvement from diagnostic test)
- Cannon High School student: 1410 (+160 improvement from diagnostic test)
* Scores from Ramana Coaching Center students who took the November or December 2017 SAT test.
Read our Google Reviews.